Email address options:
NOTE: Addresses cannot contain profanities or other words that may be offensive to users of the Internet.
Thefire.ca reserves the right to refuse addresses based on content.
- Basic Addresses
The basic email address is your first initial and your last name "@thefire.ca". This would give
you an address like "email@example.com" if your name was "John Smith".
- If "your" address has already been taken, lets say by another John Smith, or a Jane Smith,
the next address would be the first 2 letters of your first name and your last name "@thefire.ca". ( ie: firstname.lastname@example.org )
- This process repeats until we try your whole first name and last name "email@example.com".
- Special Addresses
- Special addresses are available on a "first come, first served" basis. Special addresses are simpler, and easier to remember.
An example may be "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- Nicknames are also part of this category. Addresses "email@example.com" may be available.
- If an address is not available, you can look to see if another is available.
- Department names are available on a "first come, first served" basis also, however, we require a fax on department letterhead from the
chief, or another authorized person, of your department permitting the use of the fire department name. Thefire.ca reserves the right to
verify the information via phone or fax to the department requesting the address.
Brought to you by
Copyright © 2003 thefire.ca